Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy Alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction, which may include:
- Asthma (wheezing)
- Facial swelling
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if the user:
- has had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- takes a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- takes other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (e.g., aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- takes more than directed or for a longer time than directed
- is age 60 or older
- has 3 or more alcoholic drinks per day while using this product
Pregnancy: If pregnant or breastfeeding, always ask your healthcare provider before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless directed to do so by a doctor as it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Do not use:
- If you have stomach problems (such as heartburn, upset stomach, or stomach pain) that persist or recur, or if you have ulcers or bleeding problems unless directed by a doctor.
- If allergic to milk and/or egg white or have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients.
A persistent cough may be a sign of a serious condition. If cough persists for more than 1 week, tends to recur, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache, consult your healthcare provider.
Children Warning: Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.