At Applied Biological Laboratories, we believe that the best and safest remedies for many common diseases are found in nature. The human body is equipped with many natural tools to challenge viruses. We get sick despite our natural defenses because our modern living and social norms demand close interactions in contained spaces, thereby providing respiratory viruses a major advantage.
When virus droplets enter our body, they encounter our upper respiratory cells. Our body’s natural immune response causes these cells to get inflamed. This inflammation is what in turn causes cold-like symptoms. So the best way to stop the spread of the virus is to stop the inflammation. The ingredients in most over-the-counter (OTC) remedies are designed primarily to temporarily mask cold symptoms. Ironically research has shown that most leading OTC drug active ingredients and formulations damage respiratory cells, potentially prolonging and exacerbating the illness, while also causing adverse long-term side-effects. The chemical properties of most drugs can affect or regulate a number of functions throughout the body, therefore counterbalancing the desired effects on one part of the body with adverse effects on other parts.
Biovanta is the first cold product that was developed to work on the inflammation that causes our cold-like symptoms such as runny or stuffy nose, sore throat and cough, instead of just blocking them.
Biovanta contains the following important ingredients:
- Ultra low-dose plant-based Acetylsalicylic Acid (also known as aspirin): derived from elm bark (wintergreen)
- Menthol: isolated from peppermint plant
- Lactoferrin: protein found in breast milk, cow milk, saliva, mucus and tears (ours is from cow milk)
- Lysozyme: protein found in chicken eggs, saliva, tears, milk and mucus (ours is from eggs)
- Aloe Vera: highly therapeutic plant gel used for centuries in various medicines
- Ethanol: natural antiseptic and disinfectant found in many plants (ours is derived from potato)
- Honey: widely recognized for its healing and antibacterial properties
We think Biovanta is a much better way to treat your cold-like symptoms (plus it’s scientifically proven) but don’t just take our word for it….give it a try the next time you feel those symptoms coming on.